Dear Lord Holy Spirit, give me a heart of Praise and Thanks unto the Lord God Almighty, In Jesus name Amen
It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High – Psalm 92:1 , NIV
As I was reading the Word of God and my eyes fell on this verse – IT IS GOOD TO PRAISE THE LORD! I wondered what does God mean when He says it is good to Praise and did a word search and was amazed.
Praising and Thanking the Lord is the most beautiful thing we can do … To Thank Him enough is not sufficient.. For His loving kindness, mercies, grace and forgiveness and the beautiful life He has given us freely!
Yeah everything God has given to mankind is free, He put Adam and Eve and let them enjoy everything He created.
Praising God is not loosely saying – Praise the Lord without meaning it. It is not a repetitive phrase to be repeated, not able to understand why you say what you say.
It is good to Praise the Lord because when you Praise you are near Him, His presence comes upon you. Only a Praise from true heart is acceptable.
His Salvation is free ! We just have to believe, for it is the Work of God.
20 REASONS WHY PRAISE IS GOOD -
1. It is BEAUTIFUL to Praise the Lord - What is in the heart reflects, it is a beautiful thing to see a heart glowing with love and face radiating the light of God, beauty from outside fades away in time, the plastic smile goes away but a smiling heart remains steadfast.
2. It is BEST to Praise the Lord – Whatever situation, it is best thing to exalt His name and see the bondage fall away. When you praise God and thank Him from a genuine and true heart – you are carried into His presence.
3. It is BOUNTIFUL to Praise the Lord - It is bountiful! Abundant life to Praise God, it is not in the things of this world , but in a heart that can love God.
4. It is CHEERFUL to Praise the Lord - to be cheerful you don’t have to go to the ends of the earth and spend all your hard-earned money on things that don’t satisfy, just Praise Him – For He brings joy and laughter into your life each and every day. He is the One who shakes you out of your sadness and gloom , that you give no place to devil.
5. It is AT EASE to Praise the Lord - It is being relaxed in God and knowing who God is and knowing His greatness, Praising the Lord for His goodness. BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!
6. It is GRACIOUS to Praise the Lord - grace isn’t an outwardly act, it is what Jesus did for us on the cross. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God – Eph 2:8. Thus, in meekness and gentleness – Praise Him for your salvation and redemption and deliverance.
7. It is JOYFUL to Praise the Lord – God created us for His pleasure. having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, – Eph 1:5. God wins your battles, God provides faithfully for your needs and desires, God moves on your behalf and commands the darkness to flee – it is joyful to know you serve a Magnificent and Almighty and Loving God, He brings joy to love and give and share His love with others. It is not a duty, it is something that is birthed in you by Him.
8. It is MERRY to Praise the Lord – Are you merry in God? If not – Praise the Lord and you will be. Let Holy Spirit put that song of Praise and make you clap, sing aloud of His tenderness and kindness towards you. Ask Him to give perception to your heart that you are merry in life. A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken – Prov 15:13.
9. It is WELFARE to Praise the Lord – Parents think of children’s welfare and how they can make their life better and worth while on earth. Yet we have many youths having all the sufficiency of this world and are sad, are broken and distraught. For your spirit longs for God and in the Son of God – Jesus Christ is life eternal. Not outside Him, in Him! In Him is the Welfare of your life. When you Praise God, the kind, loving and merciful Lord is Your Provider, is your SHIELD and EXCEEDINGLY GREAT REWARD.
10. It is FAVORED to Praise the Lord – The cross of Jesus is revealed to a child of God, for no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he or she is child like, not childishness i.e, foolishness … but a heart of wonder and awe. Believing God and His Word.
And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.
Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them.And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.” – Mark 9:35-37
It is a blessing, a favor of God on a person to Praise His name. Only His children who love Him praise and thank Him and recognize the Father in Heaven as He touches and heals them.
To be continued….
God bless you!